Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Good Two Days Visit From A Very Good Friend

I supposed to post this writing long time ago, but due to my procrastinating behavior and bunch of my motherhood activities (a good excuse, right?) I only posted it today.
We were having dinner Tuesday, July 29, 2008 when the phone rang. Christian picked up the phone and instantly handed it to me. I almost could not recognize the voice. Yes, it was a call from my dear friend Peter, a good friend from my Australian uni. Suddenly I realized that I almost forgot oz's accent...it was so hard for me to understand his very thick accent on the phone...(sorry Pete...). So we agreed to meet up the next day.

Peter

We picked him up at the hotel on Wednesday at 6.30pm. We were late for 30min, Christian had to take another route around to avoid the traffic. From the hotel we went for dinner at a Malaysian Restaurant nearby, good foods they served (the above picture shows Bianca, Peter and me while we were waiting for the foods). After that we went to West Edmonton Mall, the biggest mall in North America, we were quite late to reach there, it was already 8pm something, so we did not spend enough time to wander around since the mall closed at 9pm. Peter said that he would go back to the mall the next day and he did all by himself (Good for him considering the distance from his hotel to the mall is quite something and he is new to this town...).

The next day, I invited him to come over to our place for dinner. Chris picked him up after work, since his hotel is on the way to get home. I cooked Chinese-indo food Fuyunghai, it is crab omelet with tomato sauce, and bought 3 kinds of Chinese meals (mushroom, tofu and spicy chicken), since I did not have enough time to prepare every thing. For dessert I made fruity pudding with homemade strawberry syrup. Chris bought a bottle of red wine and they both finished it up that evening. It was a very good time spending with him.

On the first day, Bianca was a bit cranky when Peter sat beside her in the car on the way to the mall. She cried a lot to my surprise, coz normally she is not like that, she is the most social little girl I've ever known. I needed to switch seat with Peter, I think she needed mommy to sit beside her. By the time I sit on the back with her, she stopped crying.
On the next day, she has known Peter better, so she spent some times sitting beside Peter while watching cartoon on TV. cute....

Gift

During the visit, Peter brought us some gifts from Australia. And here is what we got. The blue shoes were a gift from Pat, my best girlfriend in Sydney. The Vegemite is a typical spread in Australia which I'd never tasted before mainly because I did not dare to try it. I am glad Peter brought it for us, so that I have an opportunity to try it. The taste is not that bad though...but it is not my favorite. We also got a key chain which is not shown in the picture since Bianca did not let it go out of her hand. And of course Tim Tam is my forever favorite chocolate coated biscuit! Thank you Pete, thanks Pat!
It was definitely a good visit with him....

No comments: